Monday 23 February 2015

Back again! Here's a little catch up, Nova Scotia in Sept

My wee wifey and I spent most of September in Nova Scotia, first time for Gretchen and first time on holiday for me. Loved it - a boaters heaven in many ways - especially Bras D'Or Lakes, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (Halifax), Lunenburg and environs and Annapolis Royal - in other words the whole province. Here a few pictures:
Museum of Atlantic, Halifax

A.G.Bell Museum, Baddeck
skiff at M of Atlantic
my boat ride in Halifax!

View from our B&B balcony, Fisherman's Cove, Hfx
Bluenose, Lunenberg
a dory in front of a house, nr Lunenberg.
caulking in Annapolis Royal
offered as a donation to K&C










 That's the quickie tour. In Baddeck at the AGB Museum I met with the director and discussed the restoration of Scrapper II which was built in AGB's boatshop there. We have ideas which I'll share in a later post.

In Halifax I met with the Assist. Dir. and discussed kids-at-risk boatbuilding as we do it - they are interested in further discussions - it would add to great programmes they already have going.

Lunenberg was amazing - boats and boatbuilding everywhere, lots of interest in our Scrapper restoration goals there too.

I couldn't help imagining a K&C summer raid on NS wherein a group of our volunteers and Gatsby members tow some of our boats down there to participate in some events - our boats would be unusual there.

No comments:

Post a Comment